Saturday, September 26, 2009

Eliza's Buddies

Eliza has had many new friends come and meet her acquaintance over the past few weeks. I was so blessed to have visits from Becca, Kyle, Ashley, Katy, Merrianne, David, Lauren, Caitlin, Mark, Justin, Cassie and Jessica the first week she was home. People made meals, while others provided a much needed sanity break for me.

I must say I feel incredibly blessed to know such wonderful people. My mother visited last week (another blessing) and remarked that she had never met so many wonderful, kind people. I agree! Hurray for loving friends. It truly is a blessing knowing such amazing people.

Recently, because our pediatrician was worried about Eliza being around too many people, our visitors have become less frequent.We're excited for Eliza to get older and stronger so she can continue to make friends.

So, for now, the only friends Eliza is around are Toby and Becca :) Becca has been the most amazing blessing in my life. Not only has she helped me with various errands and tasks, she has been a consistent and loving friend who has demonstrated what real love and service are. I can't imagine what I'd do without her help. She is a godsend. Truly. And I love her. I can't wait for Eliza to get old enough to call her "Aunt Becca." Oh man. That's going to be a great day!

I love you, Becca.
And X-Files.And Mulder.

5 comments:

  1. Why is she so weak? I'll pray for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's premature so it makes it harder for her to fight the jaundice. Thanks, Julie! It's appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A) You pimped out your blog! It looks great!
    B) I love you and Eliza! I can't wait to see you tomorrow.
    C) WOW. Maybe we need another couple of episodes tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Evan and I watched a lot of X-files when he was a newborn doing the night-time feedings and such! He would fall asleep, and I would be so into an episode that I would stay awake just to watch it! Haha! I can't blame my sleep "deprivaty" on him!

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts