Saturday, September 12, 2009

Week One of Parenthood Down!

We did it! Nathan and I survived the first week of parenthood! And, I must say, I feel like we passed this test of sorts with flying colors :)

It's amazing how much more love has entered into our lives. I didn't know I was capable of feeling so happy all the time! Despite a lack of sleep and countless feedings and diaper changes, Nathan and I are so happy. I wake up with this incredible sense of energy that I know is a direct blessing from Heavenly Father.  Throughout the day, I am sustained by love.

Last night, Nathan and I gave Eliza her first bath! It was an exciting feat for us to accomplish together.  Although she did not enjoy the experience very much, Nathan and I made sure she was all clean and then nice and warm afterwards before we dressed her.  Nathan swaddled her in an enormous towel and just held her as she stared up at him.  It was absolutely adorable. 

Nathan also stayed up with Eliza, feeding her, changing her, and loving her while I slept.  He is such an amazing blessing in my life as he continues to show unabashed love for me and his little daughter. Our marriage is definitely blessed by Eliza's presence.

Nathan and I are also grateful for the loving friends we have. Throughout the week, I have had constant support from my friends and many happy visitors.  Becca went out of her way to spend a few hours with me every day this week.  Her company has made it possible for me to shower and accomplish a few daily simple chores like taking Toby for a walk.  Ashley, Kyle, and Katy have always been amazing friends.  I am so blessed Heavenly Father has given me the opportunity to know such great, uplifting people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Penny For Your Thoughts