Monday, October 26, 2009

Hey Everyone Who Loves Me...

So. This morning was a rough one to say the least. Emotionally, I am exhausted, which is a hard thing to admit. But hey- it's the truth. Eliza has been the greatest blessing, but being a new mother is a taxing job. My mother had been here this past week, but had to go back home today. Sadly. Her presence has been a welcome relief. So on top on taking my mother back to the airport, I was also faced with some unexpected negativity- from Facebook of all sources. Yes, Facebook. Some comments were made, which essentially mocked my family and our situation (which we have been very open about).

What I wanted to do is say some nice things and get any feelings of negativity off my chest. Thank you everyone who has supported this family and loved us without asking any questions. Thank you for the kind comments and the jokes. Thank you for the thoughtful(and sometimes completely unexpected) emails, texts, and messages. Thank you for the homemade dinners and even sharing breast pumps (I know that sounds disgusting- but it's totally not AND it's sanitary! Caitlin- you are a lifesaver). Thank you for the baby showers and the gifts. Thank you for loving us.

I constantly feel immersed in love. My husband adores me. My baby is precious. My friends are saints on Earth. What more could I want? For every nasty, rude comment meant to hurt me, there are ten more sincerely loving ones. Thank you for tipping the balance, my friends. Your Christ-like attitudes have changed our lives. I can't thank you enough.

And there! I said it! I feel all better now :) Isn't writing cathartic?

10 comments:

  1. I know your mom was sad to leave you and precious Eliza! Will she be able to visit again?
    You are a wonderful, special person and I could not be happier that you and your hubs were blessed with such a beautiful baby girl. And who cares what anyone thinks or says, if you are happy, which it's obvious you are beyond..than that's all that matters.
    When's Marian's baby due?

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cathartic! glad you feel better and KNOW that you got tons of friends who care about you! I hate when people get all judgy. I've experienced that a bit myself throughout the separation and it's almost a relief, because then I realize who my real friends are. Love you Cecilia and family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My instinct is to hate on all the losers who aren't cool to you, but THAT doesn't help you feel positive I guess. Plus I do that enough in real life. But...I suspect that it does help in a twisted way :)

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i understand what you mean with your mom leaving! That was SO hard on me! MOther hood is an interesting journey that puts us through a million emotions. Hang in there! i am sorry that people have been rude. Just remember you are an amazing person, and i can not imagine you are anything less then a wonderful mother to Eliza! She is one luky girl to get you in her life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm guessing the comments aren't still on your page, but I'm heading there now to stalk. How dare they.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone- you are the best. Thanks again for all the love. It's so appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you are exhausted! If i was there i would help you. Heck, and it would give me a reason to see you... since you are just amazing! And don't listen to anything anyone says, sometimes life takes us different ways, but you are beautiful. you daughter is beautiful. and you seem so happy. and that is what matters. i have always loved you Celia; you were my saving grace in my "year from hell". Feel better. and forget housework, and just SLEEP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love you. You are becoming an amazing mother and I know you made all the right decisions for yourself, for Nathan, and for your little Eliza. I sincerely hope for nothing but happiness in your life... you deserve it.

    I think negative commenters are jealous of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ignore the haters. People who judge are not comfortable with themselves. People who love and accept know exactly who they are.

    Sharing a breast pump is not gross... back in the day, you could just nurse each other's babies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, girl! I love you too! Life is too short to waste it worrying about negativity. I encounter a lot of it in my very busy, hectic days being a wife, mother, full-time legal assistant, and law student! I definitely don't have time for people for who obviously don't care about me! I know your mom misses you as much as you miss her! She is going to spend a small (or rather a large) fortune making regular trips out to see you if you guys remain on the west coast...which I sadly expect you will! :-( When will we ever get to see you, Nathan & Eliza? Our kids are family and should know each other, right?

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts