Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Birthday, Birthday

Is it just me, or are people freakishly nice on your birthday? My hormones are all sorts of crazy these days, but I logged onto Facebook a few minutes ago and was inundated with SO many kind posts and messages. I felt my eyes begin to sting a little bit...and then of course I started crying.

I was feeling all sorts of sorry for myself today too. Eliza was up until 7 this morning (her birthday present to me), and I slept until noon when I had to leave for work. And on top of that...Nathan didn't wish me "happy birthday." No surprise. No nothing. So yes, I said I didn't want/need anything, but of COURSE I DO! I just say that because I feel awkward saying: "Yes, get me things."

On the way home from work, I was kind of feeling sorry for myself. My own mother hasn't even called, and I realized I had lost thirty dollars somewhere last night. Lame. But then, I got a text from Becca and a couple of other of friends sending their love. Katy and Ashley are even making me a cake! How nice. And Michelle offered to babysit Eliza (scary thought) so Nathan and I can go to dinner.

The world loves me today...it just had to let me suffer a moment so I could REALLY appreciate all the good things.

However, the cherry on the cake was waiting for me when I arrived home. I have been saying for the past couple of weeks that I want a desk and a desktop computer with a bigger screen than my Mac. My Mac has been a bit slow lately and it's hard to hold the baby on my lap AND the computer (I have my priorities straight, though. I always choose the baby...most of the time). Anyway, I walked in the living room and Nathan had found me a desk, put a nice computer on it, AND wrote a message to me saying "Happy Birthday, Clem!" Yeah, he calls me that. And to make things funny, he had logged onto the Facebook game Farmville (my not so secret addiction) and planted crops in the shape of a heart for me. How romantic!? Haha. My hero.So thanks everyone for making me feel loved. You lifted my spirits extraordinarily. I really needed this. Thanks for being grand. I love you all.

And in particular, thanks Brittany for your post. You know I love you as much as any Muppet.

1 comment:

  1. I totally didn't know it was your birthday! haha I'm such a dork, sorry!!! Happy Birthday. So happy to know you. Also....feel free to tell Nathan to buy you something, don't be embarrassed! Even if it's just a card and a candy bar or something. You deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts