Sunday, November 29, 2009

How to Keep Your Baby Awake

Although colic still lingers in our home, Eliza has been sleeping more. By more, I mean 7 hours a day. And when I say day, I mean day. She literally cries until seven in the morning and then sleeps until three or four. While Nathan and I are grateful for some sleep, we recognize that sleeping when Baby sleeps has completely thrown off our normal schedule. So today, we decided to keep the baby awake, hoping it would result in a night of rest. Due to the fact it is 3:15 AM, you might assume (correctly) that we failed.

We tried rubbing her little face, patting her feet, unwrapping her from her warm blankets, talking to her, bouncing her....ANYTHING. Finally, Nathan discovered the one thing Eliza likes enough to not fall asleep: dancing. Specifically, Nathan dancing around the room for her. Whenever I tried to give Nathan a little break, Eliza got all grumpy and bored looking. As long as Nathan danced, she was seemingly mesmerized into staying awake. The only catch: one can only dance for so long. Additionally, it was ridiculously funny. I don't think Nathan enjoyed me laughing at him. I filmed a solid minute of Nathan doing his "Eliza dance," but I was strictly forbidden from posting it on the Internet. These two pictures will have to do. But trust me- it was funny stuff.And lastly, just check out Eliza's face throughout this little performance:Intrigued? Confused? Content?....Or embarrassed?

7 comments:

  1. I think she's in a trance. Haha. Nice work with the dancing Nathan. You'll have to show us some moves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAhhahahahaha.

    man. you so have NOT got the moves celia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, she is GORGEOUS! I love her blonde hair and blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. I know, Austin. Apparently, I am muy lame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys make the perfect little family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilarious! I wish we could see that video... :o)

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts