Friday, November 6, 2009

Prayer Works!

Recently, I have been checking Craigslist and KSL several times throughout the day, searching for an Amby Bed. Last night, as I was doing dishes, I felt like I should check KSL again. I was pleasantly surprised! An ad had been posted two hours earlier for an Amby Bed!! Better yet...it was in Provo! I was beyond excited. I looked at the clock, but it was almost 11, so I did the safe thing and texted the seller. After five minutes (yes, I am impatient), I began to despair. "Maybe I should text AND email," I thought. I called Becca for advice and she confirmed that it was socially acceptable to do both. Nathan and I both prayed we would get the bed (it's ridiculous what you begin to pray for once you are a parent).

At 8:30 this morning, my phone rang. Good thing I emailed. Turns out, KSL had only posted her home phone number for some reason. She had already been called several times before calling me, but decided to give me first dibs because I emailed. I was ecstatic! Interestingly, she lives only seven blocks away and two houses down from the house I lived in for over a year. I used to walk by her house twice a day, and her children would run after Toby when I walked him.

So...thanks to Becca's amazing assembly skills and lots of prayers...
Eliza is sleeping! She loves the bed. It is a success! Thank you, Jessica! Great recommendation :) Thank you for all the kind posts and comments. It's much more peaceful in the Robbins' home tonight...

9 comments:

  1. How much did you pay for it? I'm soooo glad you can get some rest and Eliza can sleep peacefully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! i am so glad it worked!! The bed saved our lives hope it does the same for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES I love that thing. And it was fun to assemble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got it for $145.00 and believe me- it is a STEAL. SO worth it. They are regularly $350.00.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yayayayayay! you have been on my mind lately, and i'm so glad you found something that's helping. let me know if I can do anything to help okay? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I'm so glad you got one. I hope she sleeps like crazy now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still don't even know what that is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, Julie. It's a special bed for colic babies. If you ever have a baby that won't sleep, this bed is your best friend.

    And Austin- I haven't seen you in ages!! You need to meet Eliza :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY! I am so glad! i hope you get to sleep lots now too!

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts