Monday, December 7, 2009

Dear Good Samaritan,

Shoveling nearly three square blocks of driveways and sidewalks for your neighbor was just too kind! You were like a Christmas elf, leaving your little gift of service for everyone to pleasantly discover. I hope you had some help because it certainly looked like a decent amount of hard work was accomplished.

However, I do have a question. My husband and I are wondering why you skipped our driveway and the sidewalk in front of our house. On either side of us, the sidewalks are clean. The driveways are shoveled. We can see where you picked up your mini plow and pushed it past our house. It left tread marks. And then we can see where you resumed your work for another solid block.

Do you hate us? Did Toby growl at you on one of our walks? Did we leave our trash by the curb for TOO long after the trash pickup day? Do we not have enough Christmas lights outside? Really. I don't get. And you hurt my feelings. My husband tried to think of some reason why you would skip us, but failed miserably.

Because we've only lived here for a couple of months, I really hope you just have some sort of vendetta against the previous owner (even though she was the nicest old lady I have ever met). I'm really not bitter- just perplexed.

p.s. Is it ok that I hope it snows six inches tonight or so? Cause I do. And you know why. I hate snow, so there is only one reason I would hope for that. Ambiguous enough? I know I'm rude. But not hateful. Nope.

6 comments:

  1. Ugh. Maybe the other couples paid him/her???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trickster elves. That's what I say. It's that time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's ridiculous. Sorry! Maybe they were paid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's pretty serious. Why would someone go out of their way to clear everyone else's way and not yours? I, too, am perplexed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. heehee I think that would be kind of a good joke. Do everyone's driveway but one, and make that person crazy trying to figure out why they were skipped. Just pretend he accidentally skipped yours....

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are too funny! Does this kind of thing always happen to you? Haha! If we were close by, Eddie would shovel your drive for you! I really think you need to change your blog title to "Cynical Mom" because you are about as funny as "Cynical Dad." Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts