Sunday, December 6, 2009

Surprise, Surprise

When Nathan, Eliza, and I went to bed last night at 4 AM, it was freezing outside. I would know because I walked Toby then. For the 20 minutes we were outside, I was cursing his existence and hating Utah, but at least thankful I didn't have to walk him in snow.

Around ten, I woke up to Toby whimpering to go outside. Typical. Also typical is the ensemble I wear when I go out. My friend Christa, who is also a new mom with a dog, and I were laughing yesterday as we talked about what we must look like to our neighbors when we go on our dog walks. The outfits entail: whatever shoes I can find (most often flip-flops and sometimes even NO shoes beause I am white trash like that), pajama pants, a t-shirt, and any jacket around (most likely Nathan's or a ridiculously oversized NorthFace). And the hair- the hair is always embarrassing.

Usually, I am in my zombie trance-like mode. This means I am only semi awake and overwhelmingly dizzy with sleep or exhaustion. Toby literally pulls me along, and I go. This morning wasn't out of the ordinary. I was still mostly asleep as I fumbled to put on my Rainbow sandals and a jacket over my pajamas. I opened the door and was literally blinded by the light. My eyes adjusted for a second, and then I saw this:

Man, I really hate snow. No longer is it this wonderful, magical thing I imagined when I was a child in South Carolina. Nathan suggested today that one of our life goals be to live in a place where it never snows. He really is perfect for me.

5 comments:

  1. The wind was worse than the damn snow! UGH. I drove to class at around 7, and it was dark and windy. WORST EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Live in Eastern Washington...it almost never snows here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Solution: SOUTH CAROLINA!

    I miss you much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you walk your dog at 4 a.m. after that crazy incident earlier! Be safe! :) Also, why don't the six of us (us, husbands, kids) all move to California?? Let's do it!

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts