Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Well That's A Bummer

It turns out the beloved Amby Bed (the one I have been recommending to everyone in sight) has been recalled. Apparently, two infants are known to have died this summer using this soothing hammock. I woke up this morning with messages from a friend of a friend and my cousin, who had both seen my various posts regarding the Amby Bed.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm grateful for this little blog and all of the kind people I have met and grown closer to through it. It was the most reassuring feeling to know Eliza was being looked after. So, to all of you people with Amby Beds, take a look at the recall. A repair kit is supposedly being made for the bed. I recant my recommendation, although it still continues to be the only way to get Eliza to sleep. It certainly has been a miracle worker, but it isn't worth the risks.

Well, this certainly explains why the website said Amby Bed was temporarily not selling any of their product. I could NOT understand why a company would simply stop manufacturing or shipping their highly demanded product. It made no sense at the time, but now I completely understand.

Guess I won't be reselling my Amby Bed on Craigslist or KSL anytime soon.

6 comments:

  1. What a bummer. At least baby will be happy right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know i have always thought that could happen with these beds....

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did the babies die?
    And I don't hate your baby blog, don't you worry. I like you. It makes a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a bummer! I'm sorry! Hopefully you will find another solution!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a wonder any babies live to their first birthday. Everyone is supposed to throw away their drop-side cribs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just get the repair kit. And keep an eye on her. Yesterday, Atticus accidentally slept on his stomach, on a pillow, in our bed. I awoke to his desperate head moving up and down. And he was crying. I don't think he could've suffocated. I don't think a baby this old can really suffocate. Or maybe they can. I don't know. Don't listen to me.

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts