Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Who Needs a Car Anyway?

I don't trust them at all. I still plan on doing everything within my power to warn everyone I know of their dishonesty. That being said, the manager is perhaps a decent human being. When we went to meet him, he knew where we stood, having read my complaint filed with the Better Business Bureau. He had it printed out and on his desk when we arrived.Yep! Nathan and I also brought Eliza with us so he could see everyone this "mistake" of theirs was affecting. We tried to be as professional as possible, but Eliza had other things in mind. She giggled and smiled at the manager the entire time. Traitor!

Bad news, though. The contract states that if the deal falls through like it did, the dealership can either give the car back OR pay us the trade-in price of the contract. This means we either take a check, give up the car, and pay what we still owed on the loan OR we get a cheaper car. The manager told us the dealership willing to sell us something without making anything on the deal.

I am going to hold him to his word to make us a deal where he won't "receive any profit whatsoever." We'll see what happens. All I can say is that I am not signing ANYTHING without reading all the fine print and researching the worth and quality of the vehicle we have our sights on. It's still gloves off for me at this point. I'm all out of trust when it comes to car salesmen.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry this happened, Celia. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This whole story made me so mad. Seriously? How do they expect to stay in business when they pull crap like that? I'm so sorry! I hope the car Gods come down and burn their whole lot down. That was a little violent, but that's how I feel...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry! I cannot believe something like this can happen! I hope y'all figure it out and soon!!

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts