Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"When the first baby laughed for the first time...

its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies."

Well, Eliza laughs. And even though she isn't the first baby to ever laugh, I think it was a pretty momentous event in my life. For months, Nathan did everything he could think of to elicit even the smallest of smiles, all the while hoping for a laugh. He would literally spend hours trying to get Eliza to giggle at something funny he did. We were pretty unsuccessful. But then.....behold!! :She did it! No longer can Nathan say: "She just lays there...and doesn't really do anything exciting."

It seems as though she acquired the ability to make the cutest baby laughs over night. It was nothing we did; that's for sure. With this great milestone conquered, I feel as though she has lost some of her baby essence. No longer does she give just a bashful smile or a slight giggle; she is now steadily developing a whole range of emotions and abilities. She is alert, she is doing her best to talk, and she manages to roll all around the place.Her laughter is the most adorable sound, and it certainly brings happiness into our home.

p.s. The English major in me is reminded of Peter Pan, hence the title of this post. Do yourself a favor and fall in love with the literature of J.M. Barrie if you haven't done so yet.

p.p.s. Thanks, Jenny (my lovely sister-in-law) for the picture. We love it.

5 comments:

  1. Yay! That's my picture! So, is it wrong that when I read that quote, I immediately thought of "Hook"? I now feel the need to watch this movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. Why is she wearing that outfit?!? IT IS SO CUTE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww! And PS Eliza is SO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm addicted to your blog. and your adorable baby. I love that photo of her. She makes me baby hungry. Which isn't a good thing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When my baby laughs it sorta sounds like she's choking...

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts