Thursday, May 27, 2010

Good Morning, Mommy!

Look at this face:
Imagine it smiling at you every morning. Now imagine this adorable face covered in POOP smiling at you. That is the image that snapped me out of my semi-asleep state this morning.

When I awoke, I could hear Eliza laughing and talking to herself in the nursery. As I walked into the room, I noticed there was a particularly powerful smell emanating from the crib area, but assumed it was just a dirty diaper. Well, I was right about the dirty diaper....I just didn't expect it to be EVERYWHERE. Somehow, Eliza managed to take off her Target brand diaper (curse those diapers...they are a plague) and smear its contents all over herself, her linens, the bumper, the actual crib and throw some onto the floor (which I, of course, stepped on). I vowed never to use Targer diapers after they caused blisters on Eliza's tiny bum, but Nathan was at work with the newly purchased box of Pampers in the trunk of his car; all I was left with were the Target cast-offs.

It was disgusting, but somehow I managed to clean my baby, the sheets, and scrub the carpets without becoming sick. Motherhood has made me stronger. It's amazing what I have cleaned/seen/smelt without flinching. Bring on the grossness!

Overall, the lesson was learned: never use cheap diapers. Got it. I pray it is just the diapers and not the fact I have a Houdini baby on my hands. I just hope she isn't the kind of baby that has to have her diaper taped on at night. My two-year old niece, Ellie, wore a "special belt" every night after pulling a stunt like this. It was made out of duct tape and never failed; I guess duct tape really can do everything.

5 comments:

  1. Haha. I forgot about that with Ellie. Too Funny. We were at a friends house the other day and they said, "You care a lot less about germs and crap when you have kids." You are one strong mamma. Oh man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really impressed by her skills. That's gotta take quite a bit of hand-eye coordination to rip a diaper off. I don't think there is anyway Atticus could get a cloth diaper off. They are pinned and velcroed so solid that even I can't get them off sometimes without using both hands. Also, he pooped on our comforter today while we were having some naked time post-shower. Unfortunately we can't wash said comforter, but hopefully the spot-cleaning did the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure she's wearing a onesie, then she can't get to the diaper.

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts