Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day


It was Nathan's first Father's Day! We didn't do much to celebrate the event other than rest all day and watch Brazil play in the World Cup.  We also took an afternoon stroll to the park and enjoyed a nice meal.  It was simple, but nice.
 
Nathan is an amazing parent; calm, patience, attentive, and loving. Eliza certainly is a daddy's girl, and Nathan loves being the "Papa" to a little girl. I remember watching "A Little Princess" about a month after Eliza was born. When the little girl in the story is separated from her Papa and cries for him, we both looked at each other in tears! Parenthood has changed us for the better. 
 I'm grateful for my own father as well. Now that I am a parent myself, I am continually amazed he was able to keep up with toddlers in a wheelchair! I love you, Dad.
 And last, but definitely not least, there is Rex, my amazing father-in-law. He is a constant source of positivity and strength for Nathan and me. It truly is a blessing to feel like you have two sets of parents!
Nathan and I appreciate our fathers and all the help, advice, and love they offer to our family. Without them, we wouldn't know what to do with malfunctioning cars, broken sprinkler systems, and tricky washing machine installations. So thanks, Dads, for all of the free counsel!
 

3 comments:

  1. Happy Father's Day Nathan!

    Cecil, I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!!! It looks amazing. I still can't believe how big Eliza is getting every day. She's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 1st Father's Day, Nathan! Looks like you are doing an amazing job! I know little Eliza is going to be a handful...especially if she is like her mother! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for being a dad! Nice work, Nathan. :) Celia, you'll have to remind me to tell you what my sister wrote on Ben's father's day card. It's a real gem. Also, yes, your hair looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts