Thursday, July 8, 2010

10 Months Down!

On July 6th, Eliza turned months old. She has developed an adorable personality that is uniquely Eliza. She recently discovered the joys of feeding herself, but will only eat shredded mozzarella cheese and Cheerios.
She loves freely crawling around the house, but demands the full undivided attention of those watching her.
 
She especially enjoys staying up past her bad time, kicking the sides of her crib and crying pathetically until Nathan or I come into the room. As soon as we come to her side, she is all smiles and laughs. She is a clever girl... I fall for it every time!

Last night, after convincing Nathan it was okay for baby to stay up a little late, Eliza dazzled us by saying "dada." Nathan was positively giddy as she repeated the word several times. A few minutes after these precious words were uttered, she bit me with her four tiny teeth. Adorable.

Eliza has never been a peaceful baby, so I had fully prepared myself for a fast-moving crawler; she has certainly surpassed these expectations. Although our house has been baby-proofed, Eliza constantly finds ways to make ordinarily safe objects destructive. For instance, earlier tonight, she pulled a Bible off a small end table on top of her head and also smacked herself in the face with a sandal. Amazing. She has even managed to get her tiny feet stuck between the refrigerator and the floor several times and underneath the couch. I am somewhat afraid of what more mobility entails.

And even though she has plenty of toys, nothing is more fascinating to Eliza than lint balls, fuzz, the dirty bottoms of shoes,  and paper products.
 She promptly puts these items into her mouth.

Eliza also particularly loves licking the floor vent.
 How do I baby-proof that!?

 It is disgusting.  However, we are doing our best to teach her proper hygiene.
 There is never a dull moment in our house when Eliza is awake. I love her curiosity and feel immensely grateful for her presence in our home.

6 comments:

  1. She's quite the character! And she just keeps getting more and more beautiful. That's it. I demand to see her. In three weeks if you don't mind....:) Should work out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ewww, the floor vent part made me shiver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like Eliza is a very cool baby. Not a typical one, but like she already has opinions on politics, fashion, music, and America's Next Top Model. haha. Really though, she is a cool baby and I hope I can show my girls pictures of her/have them play together and they'll pick up on her coolness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so cute!! I'm so scared for the crawling stage....I agree, the floor vent part is super gross, but it probably won't hurt her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was talking with Caitlin and your guys' names came up and it was like a stab wound to the heart. I miss the heck out of you guys! Babies already a woman, what in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm...Eliza, please tell me how such a sweet looking baby can be so GROSS! Haha! We love ya, girl! SLOW DOWN...YOU ARE DRIVING YOUR PARENTS CRAZY! (on second thought, keep it up 'cause it is soooooo funny!) ;-)

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts