Monday, August 2, 2010

Robbins Reunion!

Unlike me, Nathan has a large family. Once a year, all six Robbins boys go home to Othello, Washington for the annual family reunion. Miraculously, Cheryl and Rex (Nathan's parents) have room for all six brothers, five sisters-in-law, and ten grandchildren.  With 23 people in one house, things can be pretty interesting.
Highlights of the trip included:

  • Swimming at the lake with the kids. 

  • Watching Eliza play dress-up with her great-grandmother's hat:  

  • The Robbins Talent Show: 
And being with family (which is the entire purpose of the reunion, right?):

It was hard to come back to Provo after the trip to Othello. I realize more and more how homesick I am. I miss my family, the one in South Carolina and the one in Washington. I want Eliza to know her grandparents, cousins, aunts, and uncles. Although I enjoy our life in Utah, I certainly am ready to be closer to those we love so much.

p.s. Jenny- you did a great job planning everything. I am nervous about being "in charge" for next year. Eek!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! I love the first one of Hayden and Ellie. It looks like Hayden is a little superhero man getting ready to take flight with his cape (short though it may be) flapping heartily in the wind. I sure do love and miss all my munchkins. Even Miles. :) Haha. I just noticed I'm sticking my invalid foot off the grass. Oooo. That gives me itchy memories.

    You'll do great. It really isn't complicated. Most of the stuff I planned, didn't happen. Or if it did, not in the way or time I planned it. I think what Nathan said was perfect. You're planning a back up plan. All the guys (and me) are perfectly content doing nothing except hanging out and relaxing. Everyone else just needs a project or two. Haha. Dustin and B need as much water time as humanly or even unhumanly possible. MUST LATHER CHILDREN WITH SUNBLOCK...REPEATEDLY...AND THEN SOME....ESPECIALLY HAILEY.

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts