Thursday, November 4, 2010

500 Days of Summer

Two years ago, I had tickets to see this movie at Sundance. Unfortunately, Nathan came down with meningitis (how could he!?), and I gave my tickets away. Sadly, I missed the opportunity to see some pretty awesome celebrities (including Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon Levitt). I was a little bitter. Well, maybe a lot bitter. I then heard the movie was about a couple's relationship and subsequent break-up. Having been dumped a couple of times, I decided I didn't want to watch a depressing movie. I like happy endings!

Then last week, my dear friend Amalia convinced me I had to watch the movie. I finally gave in because I trust her opinion. AND....I loved it! It wasn't sad or depressing (to me at least).

Here is my favorite scene:


I loved the soundtrack. How can this NOT make you smile? Brilliant.

3 comments:

  1. Super fun movie! That's my fave scene too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confession: I did not love this movie. It turned out okay, but even still the getting there and her kinda using him, not my favorite. However, I totally agree that the soundtrack was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved it! Christopher not as much. I think he called it "awkward".

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts