Sunday, June 19, 2011

Reinforcements Arrive!

After a tearful conversation with my mother-in-law on Friday, she and my father-in-law decided to drive immediately to Utah. At 6 AM Saturday morning, they left Washington and made the 13 hour drive here. Rex and Cheryl are amazing. Rex then left this morning after being here for about 12 hours. Cheryl is going to stay and help out until we move. I feel incredibly blessed to be a member of their family.

I am so relieved, and I think Nathan is so happy he could cry. Having extra help today was amazing, and I know things can only get better.

Although my mother couldn't make the trek from South Carolina to Utah (due to work), she proudly told me: "I've put your name on every prayer list I could find. It doesn't matter if their Mormon, Baptist, Catholic, or Episcopalian....everyone is praying for you!" I couldn't help but smile. That's my mom!

 As for Father's Day, I epically failed. I spent the majority of the day in bed and on the couch and was unable to even write a simple card, saying "You're awesome. I love you." Maybe if I'm not throwing up tomorrow, I can redeem myself.

4 comments:

  1. Yay, yay, yay! Cheryl and Rex, you are amazing! I'm so glad you'll have the help you need and I love that your mom put your name on multiple religious prayer rolls. That is pure awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad Cheryl's there to help! You really need someone else to help when you're this sick. As for Father's Day, you have the rest of your (and Nathan's) life to give him wonderful Father's Days. Don't worry about it and give him a special day when you feel better. Which is hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh good! I hurt for you reading your recent posts and am so glad that you can get all the help you need. You are so strong-I really admire you for dealing with all of this like a saint. Hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I don't comment a lot, but I have been stalking your blog ever since I found out you are pregnant. I am so excited and happy for you guys. I'm so glad that you finally have some help too. We'll keep on praying for you both and those sweet little babies.

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts