Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Thank Goodness for Friends!

Life continues to be difficult. My veins collapse daily, and I am getting a new IV literally every 18 hours or so. Today, the IV post went back to my hand; my arms had nothing to offer. I continue to remain in a constant state of nausea and eating is still a daily challenge. However, I was reminded this week that I have a number of friends on my side. Just to name a few examples:

- My lovely friend Whitney sent a vase of the most beautiful daisies. They really are the friendliest flowers! It was a great surprise.
- Ashley stopped by with Almond Joy, caramel apple, and chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes! Even though I was unable to eat them, my mother-in-law and husband couldn't say enough good things. Apparently, they were heavenly. Ashley also came over on Sunday and braided my hair while my family was at church. Because I am laying down all day, my hair is beginning to dread. It looks like I will be sporting braided pigtails for the next few months!
- Caitlin came by with the most amazing cinnamon bread. Seriously, guys. It was amazing. I was able to eat a tiny piece and it was pure bliss. Sadly, there is none left.

Additionally, I have had friends put my names on prayer lists and leave the kindest Facebook messages, blog comments, and text messages. I began thinking: "Perhaps I am complaining TOO much." But then I realized I'm writing about my life, and this is currently what is going on.

Thanks for all the support everyone! We have an appointment with the perinatologist on Thursday, and we are praying for two placentas. I am also praying for some sort of change to my IV therapy. Anything would be better than the constant poking. The nurse at the infusion center told me I looked horrible and was "as dry as a desert." She also hopes the perinatologist opts to do a PICC line or a feeding tube. I guess we'll see what happens in two days!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see you and hang out with you!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can NEVER complain enough about what is going on with you right now. Seriously, this has got to be terrible, and the only way to get through it is with the help of family and friends, so talk about it all you like. You have good reason to complain. What a mess! I hope you can try the PICC line. My sister was able to finally become more stable after she got one. She is still nauseated but she is finally hydrated and healthier. Man, you poor thing. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, what I hear is "Here's what's going on in my life right now and yeah I'm concerned and hoping things get better," not anything resembling complaining. We are Extroverted Feelers. It's kinda hard to bottle up our emotions. :) I hope things will get better soon and that you find some relief. I'm glad Cheryl was able to find a ride back to Utah so that she can still stay with you. Hopefully, the weekend won't be too hard without the extra help.

    Also, I went to your friend Ashley's page and I'm pretty sure we need to be friends like yesterday. HOLY SMOKES! Everything on her blog looks incredibly, sinfully, delicious!

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts