Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Another Ultrasound?

I never thought I would say this, but I am really tired of ultrasounds. Last week, I felt as though I was going to have an anxiety attack as the technician performed an hour long ultrasound. I couldn't move, it's uncomfortable laying down on my back, and there were extended periods of awkward silence as the woman worked; Nathan and I just stared at a screen. Some ultrasound technicians give you a play-by-play and hold conversations, but not all of them. Every organ and bone is measured and then compared to the other baby's measurements. It's a lengthy process to say the least, but we are grateful for the technology and the peace it provides.

The babies still appear to be roughly the same size, which is wonderful news. Baby B is slightly larger, but there are no significant discrepancies. The babies are now head to head instead of head to bum, which I am sure is a relief for Baby B :)
Here are the boys at almost 20 weeks:


We have another hour long ultrasound tomorrow. Yippee!

3 comments:

  1. I got so sick of ultrasounds with both boys. Barring anything really crazy, I'm going to tell my OB with the next one that I will have ONE ultrasound and that's it. Previous complications be damned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So big they are getting!!! I hope tomorrow's ultrasound goes better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those ultrasounds are the worst! During one of them, I had to stop because I started panicking. I'm not sure how they expect you to lay on your back for that long with two babies pressing against you, but I couldn't do it. I had to get up and walk for a few minutes and the technician was suuuuper annoyed. Whatever, she didn't even have kids yet...

    The boys look great! Glad to hear they're growing at the same rate. SO excited for you!

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts