Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Another Walmart Episode

Last night, Nathan and I made a quick trip to Walmart. As the cashier began scanning our groceries, she looked at me and noticed I was pregnant. The followed conversation ensued:

"Is this your first baby?"

"No. Actually, this is my second and third."

"....." (accompanied by a lack of understanding and vacant stare)

"I'm pregnant with twins."

"....." (vacant stare continues)

After a moment of thought, her response:
 
 "My son hates babies."

As you can imagine, I wasn't sure what to say other than "oh."

7 comments:

  1. Aaawwwwwwkward! Why would somebody say something like that to a pregnant woman!? Why would she even ask in the first place. How did she see that conversation going? Weirdo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have said, "Oh, did you teach him to?" She probably wouldn't really made the connection until you were long gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha... What an awkward thing to say to an expectant mother. Never a dull moment at Walmart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh. I'm dying laughing. DYING. Really, that's hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously. That is ridiculously dumb and funny.

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts