Saturday, January 21, 2012

And the Heavens Opened...

And gave us snow! Lots of it.
Even though we have been unable to leave the house the past two days, I consider this snowfall to be a godsend.

Like I have said in earlier posts, Nathan and I are exhausted. We've been exhausted for weeks, but the past few days have been particularly trying. We have said countless prayers that we would be able to sleep more and because of the inclement weather, our prayers were indirectly answered.

Cheryl is a schoolteacher and there is no school when the weather is this bad. Therefore, the last two days, Nathan and I have been able to sleep and focus on recovery while Cheryl takes care of the children and a million other things around the house (i.e. laundry, dinner, etc). She is truly amazing, and I am so lucky to have her as a mother-in-law.

Thankfully, Ezra and Elliott are wonderful sleepers during the day; they just refuse to sleep at night. Because we have Eliza to love and entertain, it hasn't been possible for Nathan and I to "sleep when the babies sleep" (which is the advice so many caring individuals have given us). Today, though, I managed to sleep between every feeding until 4 PM! After I woke up, Nathan was also able to nap; I am sure he appreciated sleeping without having to constantly worry if I needed help. 

Tonight, my constant dizziness has almost completely disappeared and I even had time to take a shower! We are feeling very fortunate and well-rested this evening (well, it's 2 AM, but time is irrelevant here).

After sleeping all day, it's funny how much I missed my little ones. I was so anxious to hold Ezra and Elliott and snuggle with Eliza. I love being a mother, and I love these children. The lack of sleep is totally worth it.


2 comments:

  1. Yeeeeeah, can I just tell you how much I'm not loving the snow on the roads right now? It's seriously preventing me from getting things done before Anna gets here. Haha. Luckily, Ty was able to take me around yesterday (because let's face it, he's a way better driver than I am) and we were able to get a few groceries needed. I'm really hoping that by next week it will be clear so I can get baby and nursing items I need.

    However, I'm very glad for you that you both were able to the rest you need. You definitely need as much as you can get. So, it's been way too long and I can't tell these boys apart anymore. I can't wait for Anna to get here and for us all to hang out once again so I can see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are some seriously delicious cheeks! (is it weird that I think chubby cheeks are delicious?)

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts