Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day

I love Nathan, and he is a wonderful father. That about sums up this post.

I'll never forget how happy he was the first time he held Eliza and how he cried the first time he saw her. Since that day, he has devoted himself to our family and fatherhood.
 Before the twins were born, our original plan was to move to Portland in January...which would have been just a month after the expected due date of the boys. I was very nervous about the thought of taking care of three children while Nathan was a full time student, and I cannot even describe the relief I felt when he approached me and said, "I think I should defer classes until the fall. I want to be with the boys and get to know them before I am in school for four years."

I've been blessed to have him home the past year, and I am trying my best not to think about life in a few months. We are all going to miss him.

Ezra and Elliott definitely know their dad. As soon as Nathan walks in the room and begins talking, they both turn to look for him and smile instantly.
 And Eliza--well, Nathan is her best bud. They have the cutest bilingual friendship, and they enjoy making up songs together and making silly faces.
Nathan has handled the transition from a father of one to a father of three in style.

3 comments:

A Penny For Your Thoughts