Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Milestones

Ezra and Elliott started semi-crawling late last week. Ezra started first, and Elliott followed him the very next day. They roll all over the floor and prefer to play anywhere other than the soft blankets and mats we put on the floor. Obviously.

I have been checking for little teeth every morning (for the past two months or so), and this morning, I felt one before I did my daily look. Ezra has a sharp little tooth! Eliza had her first tooth around 7/8 months, so I was expecting one to show up any day now. Because they are identical twins, I wonder how similarly they will develop when it comes to things like teeth. We'll see, I suppose!

Eliza also reach a developmental milestone (in my opinion, at least): she memorized her first book! She now can tell anyone the story of The Very Hungry Caterpillar. It is just about the cutest thing I have ever seen. She loves to say, "Pop! Out of the egg came a tiny and very hungry caterpillar." My favorite parts are when she says the word "cocoon" and explains that the tiny caterpillar had a stomachache. She is so dramatic!

Here is a picture of the caterpillar with a stomachache (after eating a ton of sweets, you see). It also makes me laugh. He looks so miserable! Way to perfectly capture a feeling, Eric Carl.

1 comment:

  1. Aaaah! Teeth! Not gonna lie. That is the milestone I'm least looking forward to. Though, I have to admit it's definitely one reason I feel better about Anna using bottles instead of nursing. Haha. It helps to make up for it.

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts