Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Keeping Eliza Entertained

Eliza needs constant entertainment. What child doesn't? She does not like playing alone for longer than a couple of minutes (a puzzle is about the only thing that I can distract her with), which makes it difficult for me to accomplish simple tasks like making meals and even bathing the twins. Fortunately, her new dance and swim classes have been a great source of entertainment. That being said, her classes aren't every day and they aren't very long. When she isn't taking classes, all she wants to do is see Ruby. Every day, I am thankful Eliza has a friend that she loves so much. And best of all, her dearest friend lives right next door. Eliza doesn't play with Ezra and Elliott much, and I think she feels left out in a sense because the twins always have each other.

Several times, Eliza has requested that we give her a sister. Last week, she looked at me and said in a matter-of-fact voice: "It is your responsibility to give me a sister. Now." She knows what she wants! Luckily for Nathan and me, Eliza forgets all about wanting a sister when she is with Ruby. When they see each other, they run towards one another with their arms wide open and call out each other's names before hugging. They will randomly tell each other, "I love you" or "You're my favorite." It's pretty cute.
Greatest of all, Eliza is happy! She comes to life when she is playing make believe and showing her friends all of her tricks and games. And just look at these faces:
 It's pretty easy to love Ruby.
And I suppose it's a good lesson to me that no matter how old you are, you always need a good friend.

3 comments:

  1. Freakishly cute. Stealing these pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness! The first picture is just incredible. Such sweet little faces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. their friendship just makes me a little teary. so daggum cute.

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts