Sunday, July 21, 2013

Haleigh Comes to Othello

A few months ago, my brother-in-law moved to Los Angeles to pursue his music career. If you haven't checked out his band yet, you should. The Moth and the Flame is going to be the next huge thing. Trust me. Anyway, I knew he didn't know many people in the area, so I gave him my good friend Haleigh's number. They had met years ago (they were both at our wedding and visited the hospital the day after Eliza was born), but they never really got to know each other.

Haleigh is a people-person, and I knew she would help my introverted brother-in-law get to know all the cool people in LA. Well, after a few weeks of knowing each other, they started dating. Over two months later, they are still going strong. It's so strange that my childhood friend is dating my brother-in-law, but it's awesome.

On Monday, Brandon mentioned that Haleigh might fly out to Othello. She couldn't make it to the reunion due to work, but she still wanted to come and see Brandon's home town, meet his parents, and see Nathan, me, and the kids.

She came on Thursday night, and we had so much fun this weekend. Even though we hadn't seen each other in three years, it didn't feel that long at all. I guess that is what happens when you grow up with another person--you just seem to know them no matter what.

Eliza loves Brandon, and I knew she would also love Haleigh. I was definitely right! Haleigh showed up with a pair of pink princess sunglasses and won Eliza over immediately. They jumped on the trampoline together, and Haleigh showed Eliza how to do backflips and cool jumps. Eliza was thoroughly impressed.

Before the weekend ended, Nathan took some pictures of Haleigh and Brandon together. The fields of hay across the street from the house make the perfect setting for pictures. These two people are just so cute together. I loved editing their pictures because so many of them were wonderful.





Eliza is definitely a fan of her Uncle Brandon and Haleigh :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Penny For Your Thoughts