Sunday, November 17, 2013

27th Birthday

I woke up, walked into the kitchen, and saw this:
Nathan obviously hadn't forgotten my birthday and had been listening to me earlier in the week when I said I wanted a Christmas tree. The cute guy went to Walmart at midnight (after his sick wife and sick kids finally fell asleep), bought a tree, and even set it up. He also was thoughtful enough to buy me two pretty dresses and scatter Hershey kisses everywhere because he knows they are my favorite. I certainly felt loved!

Sadly, I'm still really sick and so is Eliza. Nathan spent the day serving. He did the cooking, the dishes, took care of the kids, and let me rest. He then found my grandmother's cake recipe and made a yellow cake with chocolate frosting from scratch. Yep! I married an amazing guy! The cake wasn't the prettiest, but it was delicious and made with love. That's all that matters, right?
We lit the candles, the kids sang "Happy Birthday," and we had a great time together as a family.
My sweet friend Kelsie brought by dinner, and my amazing friends Kimberly and Jeff brought by a birthday card with a gift certificate to get an hour long massage. I felt totally spoiled. Our friends are so wonderful.
Becca gave me a beautiful shirt from Forever21 and threw me a little birthday party. She had the most amazing cake, and Ariel brought homemade Oreos. It was basically heaven.


Keslie then came over to Becca's with another cake! We were all full (to say the least) by the time the party ended.
When I got home from Becca's house, I found that Nathan had prepared a mini spa for me. He had a bath full of warm water, nice music playing, and candles lit so I could take a long and relaxing bath. He really felt bad that I was so sick on my birthday, and he was hopeful a nice bath would help me feel a little better.
I am so lucky to have a great family and wonderful friends. Undoubtedly, this was one of my best birthdays ever (if not the absolute best). It's nice to feel so loved!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Happiest of Birthdays! You really did get spoiled. No joke, I almost made you a cake. Haha. Kinda glad I didn't, but very glad you were so well taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Nice work, Nathan! I'm so impressed with all of those thoughtful things. It stinks to be sick on your birthday though. Or ever! I'm thinking of you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

A Penny For Your Thoughts