Thursday, December 12, 2013

Recovery Day

I'm still feeling sick, so the kids and I stayed at home (and in our pajamas) today. Eliza is feeling a lot better and the twins are mostly back to normal. That being said, I still thought it was best to quarantine us. I really don't want to be responsible for anyone else being sick!

The morning began with some adorable hugs, and Eliza letting her baby brothers play with some of her beloved dress-up items. It was a huge deal for her to share her things!
While the twins took a nap, I printed off a couple of Anna and Elsa pictures for Eliza to color. She spent nearly three hours using colored pencils to complete these drawings. She took a couple of breaks here and there but was (for the most part) completely focused on finishing her pictures. I was so impressed by her coloring abilities. She's definitely talented!

The boys were so tired that they went to bed early, and Eliza stayed up a little later to write a Christmas list to Santa. So, here is the complete list of what Eliza would like from Santa Claus:
She's a little obsessed with Frozen. Who can blame her?

She finished writing Santa's name and happily told me, "I bet he'll get me everything I want because I am trying so hard to be good." I explained that she might not get everything she asked for but that she would definitely get a couple of things on her list. I expected her to be pretty disappointed, but she told me that she understood that Santa needed to share "his toys with everyone." I'm glad she understands that Christmas presents can still be fun and wonderful even if you don't get everything you ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Penny For Your Thoughts